Monday, December 8, 2008

I have started to get to know a couple of homeless people. one in particular, just through his intense giving attitude, has made me realize how rediculasly materialistic we all are. i was cold, he knows i have money to clothe myself, i didn't have gloves on, he offered to give me his only gloves straight off his hands. I have two pairs of gloves and there is someone else who needs a pair of gloves. i have a dozen different pairs of clothes, a laptop to type this up on, mp3 player, cell phone, how much soccer equipment, two guitars, how many books, shoes, socks, covers, sleeping bags, the list goes on.

Matthew 19:20 "Jesus said to him, "If you wish to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."

How much do i give to the poor? very little. the gospel is radical, yet we're so tame.

No comments: