Tuesday, February 23, 2010

if my heart, my soul to be exact, was physical
i know i would rip it in two
through my actions, my sin, but nothing intentional
i continue to drown and beg for life to not be mine to choose

i am drowning now
i wake in the morn' to see my sin unsubdued
i want to fall down, but i am too proud
too proud, too broken, and sin fills my veins

born with tainted blood
and hate that fills my whole
i am hopeless and have no control
i scream to God for my a cleansing flood
and pray for my plea to be granted

the cleansing flood had come and was offered
to all the souls that saw their blood tainted
he offered to take our sinful blood on His head
so we may be sainted

This merciful savior suffered our blood
and in turn gave His perfect life
He showed us perfect love
and then said, " it is done"
and so it is.

No comments: