Wednesday, March 30, 2011

it is raining in the street
everyone runs to avoid getting wet
but i walk slowly to wash the darkness off my feet
the rain does nothing because the darkness is set

i scrub with rain
until my skin grows raw
it does nothing
since my skin is stained

i am disfigured by efforts to clean myself
pained to see what i have become
i lay in the street in a pity puddle for self
i break, screaming, " o come, o come"

before long the depths of hell will open
but i hope to be saved
made clean and unbroken
someone come conquer the depths of my grave
o come, Emanuel, o come again

still in my pity
heaven breaks open
for the first time light shown on this city
and my eyes are finally awakened
the heavenly light burns more than any claim
as it washes my darkness away
now hell no longer has a claim
nothing to give or take or anything to say

a god man came down with the light
and walked in the street with us
he told me not to worry,since my body will return to dust
to use my new sight and find what i trust

i asked him why i had never seen before
he said the light was always around me
but my eyes aren't darkened anymore
only with broken eyes can you see

the man said it was time to go
he had somewhere greater to be
then he said, with a radiant glow
i am preparing a home for you and me

No comments: