Sunday, September 19, 2010

something i have been praying about for awhile now has been to know God as my father. Speaking to all the fatherless out there, it is hard to see God as your father when your father only abused you. in the few fatherly moments you had, if any, you're more confused and wondering when he will scream or damn you. Conveniently enough, my pastor has been working on a series in galatians, which talks a helluva lot about the work of christ and how we are changed in our relationship to God.

Galatians 4

1What I am saying is that as long as the heir is a child, he is no different from a slave, although he owns the whole estate. 2He is subject to guardians and trustees until the time set by his father. 3So also, when we were children, we were in slavery under the basic principles of the world. 4But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law, 5to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons. 6Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father." 7So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir.

Do you not see it? Jesus did not come to make you a slave to another master, but to make you a son of God. Jesus came to give fathers to all the fatherless. i can finally claim a father, i can finally think of a father and not have intense darkness come over my mind, i can finally scream out daddy in looking for comfort, i can finally claim a family. the broken one i have, while i love, we were never united until we became siblings in the blood of christ. I am fatherless, i was without family, i was alone. Jesus did not just give me a relationship with my father, but gave my a flood of community around me. I can tell a brother next to me, that i may not even really know, that i love him and cherish him. In all honesty, i do love him. that is the strangest thing that has been happening. i have been given an inexplicable love for my brothers and a strong love for the people who are not covered in the blood of jesus.

you and me, we're sons of God. so, lets go live like a son of God.

No comments: